How can I keep a session alive while...

twscott

I will be posting information to another application from my applicatio
and redirecting to that application which will load into anothe
iteration of IE. The user may spend a significant amount of tim
working in that application. I need to keep my session alive whil
there is activity in the other application as that application will b
sending me return data when its processing is complete. Is there a wa
to keep my session active while the other application session remain
active? Can I reset my applications session.timeout value or is ther
some other way to do this? I would prefer not to have to switch focu
back and forth between my app and the other to maintain seamles
processing.

Also, if the other application session times out I would like to end m
session as well.

TIA,

Te

Tom.PesterDELETETHISSS

A session times out if the browser hasn't interacted with the server for
20 mins (default).

So what you need to do is let the browser show some activity. Put this on
the page

Where 600 means 600 seconds. This way the page will refresh every 10 mins.
Also, if the other application session times out I would like to end
my session as well.

There is no easy way to do this but I wouldnt invest time in accompolishing
this.
I see no need for it. Just let them timeout.

Cheers,
Tom Pester