    I am looking for a way to let somebody print a ticket, but only once. How
    can I do that? I am a novice, so please help....

    Bruce

    BruceJ, Sep 20, 2003

  2. BruceJ

    brucie Guest

    In post <Y9Oab.521425$Ho3.87498@sccrnsc03>
    BruceJ said...

    > I am looking for a way to let somebody print a ticket, but only once. How
    > can I do that?

    you cant. once anything is downloaded the visitor can do whatever they
    feel like with it.

    brucie, Sep 20, 2003

  3. BruceJ

    Dylan Parry Guest

    BruceJ wrote:

    > I am looking for a way to let somebody print a ticket, but only once. How
    > can I do that? I am a novice, so please help....

    What are the tickets for? Perhaps you could have each one given a number
    that no other ticket has - done using a database and PHP (or similar), and
    each person has to register for a ticket maybe? That way, although they
    might be able to print off more than one copy you would know which
    tickets belonged to which person and only allow one of each number - if
    you see what I mean?

    There is no way of physically stopping the visitor from printing multiple
    copies.

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry, Sep 20, 2003
  4. BruceJ

    andy johnson Guest

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 01:35:53 GMT, "BruceJ"
    <oe<nospam>@connecting4income.com> wrote:

    >I am looking for a way to let somebody print a ticket, but only once. How
    >can I do that? I am a novice, so please help....
    >
    >Bruce

    What you are actually needing to look for is how to print a unique bar
    code. Think on-line movie tickets. Let 'em print as many as they want,
    the reader will update a database when the patron uses the ticket,
    effectively rendering any other copy void.

    -
    Andy

    "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people
    didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you"
    - (Calvin and Hobbes) (this email addy is never checked...)

    andy johnson, Sep 20, 2003