    http://www.fxruby.org/doc/examples.html

    I've browsed through the Programming Ruby book but I didn't see any
    default classes or methods that would help me do this.
    Paul, Mar 5, 2007

  2. Paul

    Lyle Johnson Guest

    On 3/5/07, Paul <> wrote:

    > I wrote a simple FXRuby program that displays a message in a window on
    > the desktop. I would like to make this window go away after a set
    > amount of time (e.g. 30 minutes if left alone).
    >
    > I'm new to scripting in Ruby, so I don't know how to do this. Can
    > anyone offer me any suggestions or pointers as to how I can implement
    > a configurable timer that will automatically shut down the window when
    > the time is up?

    Look at the documentation for the addTimeout() method:

    http://www.fxruby.org/doc/api/classes/Fox/FXApp.html

    Hope this helps,

    Lyle

    P.S. Please consider subscribing to the fxruby-users mailing list, and
    posting FXRuby-related questions there instead of on ruby-talk. For
    more information about the fxruby-users mailing list, see this page:

    Lyle Johnson, Mar 5, 2007

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    On Mar 5, 2:05 pm, "Lyle Johnson" wrote:

    > Look at the documentation for the addTimeout() method:

    [snip]

    > P.S. Please consider subscribing to the fxruby-users mailing list, and
    > posting FXRuby-related questions there instead of on ruby-talk. For
    > more information about the fxruby-users mailing list, see this page:

    Thanks for the link and the mailing list reference, Lyle. I didn't
    know about either of those.
    That should really help.

    Cheers! Paul. =)
    Paul, Mar 5, 2007