    I'd like to color the browser area below the footer to match my scheme.

    Got any suggestions??

    Thank
    Cal Who, May 30, 2010

  2. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    " Cal Who" <> wrote in message
    news:htuqjm$e70$-september.org...
    > How can I make my site fill the browser height.
    >
    > As it is now it fills the browser's width. I repeat a 1-pixel vertical
    > line to fill-in the sides.
    >
    > I put a border about the html and the body and I see they both end at the
    > bottom of my footer image.
    >
    > I think I need to extend the body to the bottom of the browser.
    >
    > I'd like to color the browser area below the footer to match my scheme.
    >
    > Got any suggestions??
    >

    > Thank

    Simple, (I think)
    html {

    height: 100%;

    background-color:#c3d7ec;

    }

    or maybe

    html, body {

    height: 100%;

    background-color:#c3d7ec;

    }

    Are these different.

    One better than the other?
    Cal Who, May 31, 2010

  3. On May 31, 12:59 am, " Cal Who" <> wrote:
    > How can I make my site fill the browser height.
    >
    > As it is now it fills the browser's width. I repeat a 1-pixel vertical line
    > to fill-in the sides.
    >
    > I put a border about the html and the body and I see they both end at the
    > bottom of my footer image.
    >
    > I think I need to extend the body to the bottom of the browser.
    >
    > I'd like to color the browser area below the footer to match my scheme.
    >
    > Got any suggestions??
    >
    > Thank

    For all elements like a table you can use javascript or css tricks
    like it is explained here: http://apptools.com/examples/tableheight.php
    Alexey Smirnov, May 31, 2010
  4. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote in message
    On May 31, 12:59 am, " Cal Who" <> wrote:
    > How can I make my site fill the browser height.
    >
    > As it is now it fills the browser's width. I repeat a 1-pixel vertical
    > line
    > to fill-in the sides.
    >
    > I put a border about the html and the body and I see they both end at the
    > bottom of my footer image.
    >
    > I think I need to extend the body to the bottom of the browser.
    >
    > I'd like to color the browser area below the footer to match my scheme.
    >
    > Got any suggestions??
    >
    > Thank

    For all elements like a table you can use javascript or css tricks
    like it is explained here: http://apptools.com/examples/tableheight.php

    Thanks
    Cal Who, May 31, 2010