    James Guest

    how can i make radio buttons bolder when printing?

    --
    James, Feb 13, 2004

  2. James <> wrote:
    > how can i make radio buttons bolder when printing?

    The rendering - and printing - of the radio buttons is the choice of the
    browser, not the author.
    --
    Michael Wilcox
    mjwilco at yahoo dot com
    Michael Wilcox, Feb 13, 2004

  3. "James" <> wrote:

    > how can i make radio buttons bolder when printing?

    I don't think you can, except in the sense that you could make them
    bigger, e.g.

    <input type="radio" class="radio" ...>

    with CSS code

    @media print { input.radio { width: 2em; height; 2em; display: block;
    float: left; } }

    But why would you do that? HTML forms aren't really suitable for
    creating paper forms; they are interfaces to online services.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Feb 13, 2004
  4. James

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote in

    > But why would you do that? HTML forms aren't really suitable for
    > creating paper forms; they are interfaces to online services.

    Yep, my first thought was "how do you use a radio button on paper"? [1]
    Then it occurred to me that someone *might* be using the image of the radio
    button in a "read-only" fashion to indicate which of several conditions
    applied. Most of the time there has to be a better way to do that. It's
    possible, for example, that the OP was envisioning someone filling out a
    form and then printing it before submitting it in order to have a written
    record of what he had done; if that's important, though, the script that
    processes the form should really be returning a printable confirmation
    page.

    [1] My second thought was that in J.K. Rowling's world, parchment with form
    controls and dynamic display is probably rather commonplace. This led to
    the third thought, which was to wonder if the _Daily Prophet_ and the
    _Quibbler_ have pop-up ads, and whether there are spells to block them.
    Which led to the fourth thought, which was to wonder if such publications
    ever tell their readers that they need to "upgrade" their wands in order to
    read them; "This scroll requires an Ollivander's wand, but you don't have
    one."
    Eric Bohlman, Feb 14, 2004