how can I make them the same height...

windandwaves

Hi Folk

I have another question relating to the float stuff discussed in a recent
post.

In a table, two cells in the same row are usually of the same height:

....|...
....|...
....|
[new div: clear both;]

but with Divs, they just go as far as they have to

....|...
....|...
[new div: clear both;]

where ... depict the background color in a TD and a DIV respectively?

I thought 100% would do the trick, or auto, or make the right-hand one
90000px and then set the overflow to hidden. But NO, none of that did it
for me.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you

- Nicolaas

How can I, in css say that the right-hand DIV should extend as far as the
left-hand one does.

I thou

windandwaves

windandwaves wrote:
One more thing I wanted to add....

If I have the following

<DIV>.....</DIV>
<DIV>....</DIV>

Then how do I assure that they touch each other (i.e. one is beneath the
other, but I want to make sure there is a zero pixel gap between them).

Nicolaas