how can I make them the same height...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by windandwaves, Apr 21, 2005.

  1. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    Hi Folk

    I have another question relating to the float stuff discussed in a recent
    post.

    In a table, two cells in the same row are usually of the same height:

    ....|...
    ....|...
    ....|
    [new div: clear both;]

    but with Divs, they just go as far as they have to

    ....|...
    ....|...
    [new div: clear both;]

    where ... depict the background color in a TD and a DIV respectively?

    I thought 100% would do the trick, or auto, or make the right-hand one
    90000px and then set the overflow to hidden. But NO, none of that did it
    for me.

    Any help greatly appreciated.

    Thank you

    - Nicolaas

    How can I, in css say that the right-hand DIV should extend as far as the
    left-hand one does.

    I thou
    windandwaves, Apr 21, 2005

  2. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    windandwaves wrote:
    One more thing I wanted to add....

    If I have the following

    <DIV>.....</DIV>
    <DIV>....</DIV>

    Then how do I assure that they touch each other (i.e. one is beneath the
    other, but I want to make sure there is a zero pixel gap between them).

    Nicolaas
    windandwaves, Apr 21, 2005