    distinguish which color represents which interface simply by using
    @legend at the end of the graph.
    , Aug 12, 2005

    Sorry my mistake, yes, I am using Perl to write the script, and the
    module I used to generate the graph is GD::Graph::lines. So, is it
    possible to do it by module GD or is there any other Perl modules that
    can do it? Thanks.
    , Aug 12, 2005

    wrote:
    > I need to draw several interface's output rate in one line graph, is it
    > possible to put the name of each interface beside each line? Since I
    > have 60-70 interfaces for some nodes,

    Do you really think you can find a way to clearly label a non-trivial line
    chart that has 60-70 different lines? I doubt that even Edward Tufte in
    person could manage to do this, let alone some automated module.

    > it is a little confusing to
    > distinguish which color represents which interface simply by using
    > @legend at the end of the graph.

    Since you seem to be using GD::Graph, have you looked at using get_hotspot
    and then adding text to the image (after it is plotted) based on those
    hotspots?

    Xho

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
    , Aug 12, 2005

    When there is a rate hike of an interface comparing with all other
    interfaces, I want to mark out what is the name of that interface in an
    easy reading way and then use another script which generates interface
    graph for details, so it doesn't bother me if all the other 59 names
    are overlapped together, I will try your suggestion, see if I can work
    it out with hotspots, thanks.
    , Aug 12, 2005