    launch Outlook just like opening PDF links

    Thank you,

    SA

    MSDN, Feb 8, 2006

  2. MSDN

    Remy Guest

    Not sure where your problem is?
    Just add a link to your .msg file. Google Desktop is a good example.

    Remy

    Remy, Feb 8, 2006

  3. MSDN

    MSDN Guest

    When I click on the link of my .msg file, IE does not open Outlook to open
    the file.
    Basically nothing happens at all.
    I don't even get the dialog to OPEN or SAVE the file.
    It seems that I need a Unique Mime Type for Outlook.

    What do you mean by Google Desktop, I don't have it and what does it do...
    Is it an ActiveX if so then that will not help me.

    Thanks for any more help you can provide.

    SA

    MSDN, Feb 8, 2006
  4. MSDN

    MSDN Guest

    Remy,

    Can you acturally try it on your machine?
    just creat a link on a web page that points to a .msg file and see how it
    opens it.
    If it does then I like to know how you did it, what is your setup etc..
    If not then you now know my problem

    Thank you Remy

    SA

    MSDN, Feb 8, 2006
  5. MSDN

    VoltageSpike

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    OWA or need a viewer?

    Are you working with Outlook web access? Curious, but why do you need to open a .msg file in IE?

    If all you need is a .msg or .eml file viewer, you can get one from msgviewer.com

    VoltageSpike, Apr 26, 2007
  6. MSDN

    VoltageSpike

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    I spent a lot of time looking for an answer to this very question. I haven't found exactly what I need yet, but as I write this, these guys are working on an add-on for IE that will display Outlook msg files.

    Sorry I can't post links here yet, but looks something like
    www-encryptomatic-com-msgviewer-ie-index.html

    VoltageSpike, Jul 24, 2009