How can I pass command line arguments in Visual Studio 2005 (in C++ environment)

Vladimir S. Oka

kmietas said:
As in subject. Thanks in advance.

I don't know. Why don't you try looking through the menus? Anyway, this
is a question for one of the M$ groups. Look them up.

Flash Gordon

kmietas said:
As in subject. Thanks in advance.

Always put your question in the body of the message. Some people don't
have both the body and the subject line visible at the same time.

C++ is off topic here, so if you are using C++ rather than C you shose
the wrong group. C++ is most definitely *not* C.

As to your question, your application can read parameters using
argv/argc in the normal way. If you want to know how to use VS to set up
the parameters passed to your program, ask in a Visual Studio group. We
only deal with C here, not the vast number of compilers that exist.

CoL

Yep.
GO in project>setting
Here you will get box for program arguments fill with your required
values.

Regards,
COL

Martin Ambuhl

kmietas said:
As in subject. Thanks in advance.

I have several suggestions.
1) Do not hide salient parts of your question in your headers. Subject
headers, as you will soon learn, are almost useless and usually ignored
except for deciding whether to look at a post at all.

2) comp.lang.* newsgroups are about computer languages. Visuaul Studio
2005 is not a computer language, but a proprietary product. It has its
own newsgroups, mailing lists, and technical support. Use them.
Questions about this product do not belong in <
3) C++ is not an environment, but a programming language.
4) C++ is not C. They are different languages. Questions about C++
belong in <not <
5) Before posting to any newsgroup, check to see if your post will be
considered topical in that newsgroup. In the olden days, it was
expected that you would follow a newsgroup for several weeks before
posting to it. The equivalent of this can be done quickly by using the
archives at <http://groups.google.com>. You can also check to see if
your question has been already answered.

6) Your question may have already been asked and answered. Most
beginners' questions *have* already been asked and answered, often
frequently. That is the reason that most technical (and many other)
newsgroups have Frequently Asked Question lists (FAQs). *Always* check
a newgroup's FAQ before posting a question. Our FAQ can be found at
<http://c-faq.com/>. If you follow a newsgroup (or check the archives),
you will see many pointers to the newsgroup's FAQ and usually postings
once or twice a month of at least an abridged version of it. If you
cannot find a newsgroup's FAQ, check <http://www.faqs.org/faqs/>. This
largely replaces the old <http://rtfm.mit.edu/> and
<ftp://ftp.rtfm.mit.edu/>, which has gone away.