    Any help, however triviasl would be most appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Andy

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=, May 23, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=

    MW de Jager Guest

    Use a frameset for your start page. Put your side menu in a usercontrol and
    drag that onto an aspx webform. Set the left frame of your frameset to
    point at that.

    Do the same for the header frame.

    Edit the HTML for the menu page/pages to use the respective aspx pages and
    the main frame of your frameset when a menu link is clicked. It is really
    very simple. No need for panels, 'cause each menu item points to a
    different aspx page.

    Kind regards
    MW

    MW de Jager, May 23, 2005

  3. > I'm after a layout where there is a header section on all pages, a
    > navigation section on the left of all pages, and the page content takes
    > the
    > remainder - it shouldn't be rocket science.

    I agree, it shouldn't be rocket science, but undofrtunately, it's not far
    from rocket science. Why? Because different browsers interpret HTML and CSS
    differently, and user OS's run on systems using different screen
    resolutions.

    You can use CSS and/or User Controls to get your basic layout (in ASP.Net
    2.0 you can use Master Pages as well). Still, you're going to have a time
    making it look good in all your target browsers!

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP