    Can any one suggest me How can I point the profile system to my
    database( not to the sql server express one)

    , Nov 27, 2006

  2. Hi,

    In the <profile> element of your web.config, make sure you have a
    <providers> element that is referencing your connection string.

    For Example:

    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="MyConnectionStr"
    connectionString="Server=foo;Database=bar;Persist Security Info=True"
    providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
    </connectionStrings>
    <profile defaultProvider="PhoenixProfile">
    <providers>
    <add connectionStringName="MyConnectionStr" name="MyProfile"
    AutomaticSaveEnabled="false" type="MyProfileProvider"/>
    <properties>
    <add name="LastName" type="System.String" defaultValue="" />
    </properties>
    </providers>

    HTH,
    Roger