    response.clear clears only the contents, but HTML Header is still returned.

    Thanks for your time.

    Adam

    Jazzis, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Jazzis

    Ray at Guest

    REdirect to another page. Something has to be returned.

    Ray at work

    "Jazzis" <> wrote in message
    > If I want to execute an ASP page and get NOTHING in return, no HTL Headers

    as well?

    Ray at, Sep 22, 2003

  3. Or return a status code of 204...

    IIRC it's something straignforward like Response.Status = 204 or
    Response.StatusCode = 204

    This HTTP status code tells the browser there's no new page to load. I've
    used it in applications which save a user's selections to the server by
    submitting a form, but don't reload the page.

    FWIW, I first came across the idea some time ago when I was browsing free
    music on MP3.com. I noticed that when I clicked "add to MyMP3" my selection
    was saved without using frames or javascript--but the page I was looking at
    didn't reload after the link was clicked. That made me wonder how they
    dunnit, so I searched until I found out!

    HTH,
    Boris

    Boris Nikolaevich, Sep 23, 2003
  4. Jazzis

    Jazzis Guest

    I don't want to redirect - this is something at the end of an application.

    I want to have NO response at all (or rather to block response)?

    Adam

    Jazzis, Sep 23, 2003
  5. Jazzis

    Jazzis Guest

    Dear Boris,

    Thanks, this sounds good - I'll try it and let you know if it works
    for me.

    BTW where did you find a list of all the HTTP Status Codes and their
    respective "meanings"?

    It is: response.status="xxx message" (xxx=status code /
    message=description)

    Adam

    Jazzis, Sep 23, 2003
  6. Jazzis

    Peter James Guest

    "Jazzis" <> wrote in message

    > BTW where did you find a list of all the HTTP Status Codes and their
    > respective "meanings"?

    This is what a google search on http status turned up (among other things
    :] )

    HTH
    --
    Peter

    peterperiodjames2attescoperiodnet

    Peter James, Sep 23, 2003
  7. Jazzis

    Jazzis Guest

    OK Boris - thanks again! This seams to work nicely!

    How about the other question I have about session time-out (see
    separate thread)?

    Also do you know any way to refresh page content without the infernal
    flashing? I use innerHTML in JavaScript, but this works only for IE
    and Netscape has no clue about this, but I want my application to be
    cross-platform?

    Any help appreciated.

    Adam

    Jazzis, Sep 23, 2003
  8. Help with POP3, please

    The next phase of our project is to fold an email screen into our web
    application. We can already send mail using JMail or SQL Server, what we
    want to be able to do is work with POP3 mailboxes.

    I've researched two products, so far, JMail's POP3 from www.dimac.net and
    ASPPop, from www.serverobjects.com. Both look like they would do the job;
    there doesn't appear on the surface to be any great difference between them.

    But...(there's always a "but" isn't there?) I've contacted both companies
    with questions and neither one has responded which makes me wonder if we
    need to be doing business with either of them in the first place. Do any of
    my colleagues out there have any experience with either product? Any
    opinions, advice, or other products to try?

    Thanks!

    - Wm

    William Morris
    Product Development, Seritas LLC

    WIlliam Morris, Sep 23, 2003
  9. Jazzis

    Jazzis Guest

    Well Boris Nikolaevich, my initial enthusiasm was unfortunately cooled
    down a bit later - here is the story.

    Your solution works nicely until you use it as the last thing you do
    in an application. For example you want to do some cleaning up at the
    end of an application, which you do in a "clean.asp". Then invoke that
    "clean.asp" on exit (for example ONUNLOAD) - you'll get a nasty
    surprise - since your original window is already closed you get an
    ugly empty window!

    Adam

    Jazzis, Sep 24, 2003