How can I preven an ASP page returnig response to client.

Jazzis

If I want to execute an ASP page and get NOTHING in return, no HTL Headers as well?

response.clear clears only the contents, but HTML Header is still returned.

Thanks for your time.

Adam

Boris Nikolaevich

Or return a status code of 204...

IIRC it's something straignforward like Response.Status = 204 or
Response.StatusCode = 204

This HTTP status code tells the browser there's no new page to load. I've
used it in applications which save a user's selections to the server by
submitting a form, but don't reload the page.

FWIW, I first came across the idea some time ago when I was browsing free
music on MP3.com. I noticed that when I clicked "add to MyMP3" my selection
was saved without using frames or javascript--but the page I was looking at
didn't reload after the link was clicked. That made me wonder how they
dunnit, so I searched until I found out!

HTH,
Boris

Jazzis

I don't want to redirect - this is something at the end of an application.

I want to have NO response at all (or rather to block response)?

Adam

Jazzis

Dear Boris,

Thanks, this sounds good - I'll try it and let you know if it works
for me.

BTW where did you find a list of all the HTTP Status Codes and their
respective "meanings"?

It is: response.status="xxx message" (xxx=status code /
message=description)

Adam

Jazzis

OK Boris - thanks again! This seams to work nicely!

How about the other question I have about session time-out (see
separate thread)?

Also do you know any way to refresh page content without the infernal
flashing? I use innerHTML in JavaScript, but this works only for IE
and Netscape has no clue about this, but I want my application to be
cross-platform?

Any help appreciated.

Adam

WIlliam Morris

The next phase of our project is to fold an email screen into our web
application. We can already send mail using JMail or SQL Server, what we
want to be able to do is work with POP3 mailboxes.

I've researched two products, so far, JMail's POP3 from www.dimac.net and
ASPPop, from www.serverobjects.com. Both look like they would do the job;
there doesn't appear on the surface to be any great difference between them.

But...(there's always a "but" isn't there?) I've contacted both companies
with questions and neither one has responded which makes me wonder if we
need to be doing business with either of them in the first place. Do any of
my colleagues out there have any experience with either product? Any
opinions, advice, or other products to try?

Thanks!

- Wm

William Morris
Product Development, Seritas LLC

Jazzis

Well Boris Nikolaevich, my initial enthusiasm was unfortunately cooled
down a bit later - here is the story.

Your solution works nicely until you use it as the last thing you do
in an application. For example you want to do some cleaning up at the
end of an application, which you do in a "clean.asp". Then invoke that
"clean.asp" on exit (for example ONUNLOAD) - you'll get a nasty
surprise - since your original window is already closed you get an
ugly empty window!

Adam