How can i prevent perl files from being access

Atif Iqbal

Hello,

if anyone can guide me how to add httpHandler in machine.config for .txt
file and .pl files..... i want to authenticate users before accessing perl
file

or

how can i implement security on directories so that unathenticated user
cannot access files of that folder.

TIA

Atif

rwg

Atif:

If you want to intercept actions before running PL and other scripting languages, your best bet is to look at coding an ISAPI filter. You can start your MSDN
search by looking for "IIS ISAPI Filter example".

Of course, you can use IIS to control access to files and folders with Windows Integrated or Basic security.

-rwg
This is what I think, not necessarily what is accurate!