    issues. Would someone please anwser the question: Is the a way to make
    my .net 1.1 web service return plain text without the XML element tags?
    If so, how? Thanks in advance.

    DonaldN, Feb 16, 2006

  2. DonaldN

    Josh Twist Guest

    Hi Donald,

    Sorry, but I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Do you want
    to remove the SOAP envelope and all xml from the HTTP response of the
    web service?

    The best way to do this would be to not use a web service at all
    (because it _really_ isn't web services) and use a HttpHandler - you'll
    find plenty of resources on google.

    If you absolutely HAVE to use Web Services I guess you could wrap your
    web service with a SoapExtension that strips all the XML from the
    response, but it's kind of a non-sensical thing to do - again you'll
    find plenty of resources if you search for SoapExtension.

    Hope that helps

    Josh
    http://www.thejoyofcode.com/

    Josh Twist, Feb 17, 2006