How can I remove XML tags from ASP.NET web service?

Guest

Hi,

I am developing a simple ASP.NET web service and its consumer will be an
embedded device.

The devices calls the method, and the method returns succefully. But the
response is surrounded by XML tags, which is not recognized by the device. I
wonder if there is any way for me to control the response? That is if I
wrote "return "Hello world!", only "Hello world" is shown in the response.

Thank you!

BR
Younger Wang

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Younger,

Thanks for your posting. Regarding on this issue, I've also found your
another duplicated thread in the same newsgroup. I've posted my reply
there. I'd appreciate if you have a look there. Also if you feel it
convenient that we continue to discuss in that thread, please feel free to
post there.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: <[email protected]>
| Subject: How can I remove XML tags from ASP.NET web service?
| Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 12:28:58 +0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
|
| Hi,
|
| I am developing a simple ASP.NET web service and its consumer will be an
| embedded device.
|
| The devices calls the method, and the method returns succefully. But the
| response is surrounded by XML tags, which is not recognized by the
device. I
| wonder if there is any way for me to control the response? That is if I
| wrote "return "Hello world!", only "Hello world" is shown in the response.
|
| Thank you!
|
| BR
| Younger Wang

Guest

Hi Steven,

I don't know which group I am posting to. I did not receive my first post,
that's why I had to post again.

I know the advantages of XML web service, but the device is simply too weak.
I will read about HTTPHandler. Thanks for the help!

BR
Younger Wang

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your quick response Younger,

So I think you've seen my reply in another thread. Well, I think we can
contine discuss in either one as you feel convenient. Also, please feel
free to post here when there is anything we can help.