How can i return some value to server from client machine

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Joby, May 13, 2004.

  1. Joby

    Joby Guest

    Dear All,
    I am very new to web technologies. I am working on .NET compact
    framework(Pocket PC application). I put my probleme in front of you. I
    have a server, where i am hosting my web page. When the user click on
    the download button:

    1) i want to install .NET frame work and i want to run an exe in the
    client machine. How is it possible with a single click i can download
    one CAB file(.NET) and my EXE program.

    2)This particular exe, what it does is, it find out the processor type
    of the client machine as well as the serial no. This exe return both
    values. How can i send it back to the server. Because i want to
    validate the serial number in the server and then i want to download
    the original application CAB file as per the processor type.
    Is it possible i can write these values to cookies and read it from
    cookie. If it possible please tell me how to do this.
    Is it possible i can store it as a text file and i can read it from
    the client machine. If it is possible, how can i send it back to
    server. Please give me a best solution.
    I am very new to web technologies, so please give me a detailed
    description.If possible send me some URLs where i get the complete
    code to do this.
    Thanking you all.

    Joby, May 13, 2004