How can i return some value to server from client machine

Joby

Dear All,
I am very new to web technologies. I am working on .NET compact
framework(Pocket PC application). I put my probleme in front of you. I
have a server, where i am hosting my web page. When the user click on
the download button:

1) i want to install .NET frame work and i want to run an exe in the
client machine. How is it possible with a single click i can download
one CAB file(.NET) and my EXE program.

2)This particular exe, what it does is, it find out the processor type
of the client machine as well as the serial no. This exe return both
values. How can i send it back to the server. Because i want to
validate the serial number in the server and then i want to download
the original application CAB file as per the processor type.
Is it possible i can write these values to cookies and read it from
cookie. If it possible please tell me how to do this.
Is it possible i can store it as a text file and i can read it from
the client machine. If it is possible, how can i send it back to
server. Please give me a best solution.
I am very new to web technologies, so please give me a detailed
description.If possible send me some URLs where i get the complete
code to do this.
Thanking you all.