    prompted action.

    pls help !!

    thx

    Torres, Jun 29, 2006

  2. Torres

    Evertjan. Guest

    Torres wrote on 29 jun 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I use this "HyperLink1.NavigateUrl = "\\aoui\myeoe\testing.bat" to run
    > the batch file. The windows will show a messagebox "RUN" "SAVE" OR
    > "CANCEL". I want to run the batch file directly and without any
    > prompted action.

    This is not classic ASP, methinks.

    Wait a minute - you're talking .NET aren't you?

    This is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.NET is totally different.
    Try over at microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Jun 29, 2006

  3. Torres wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I use this "HyperLink1.NavigateUrl = "\\aoui\myeoe\testing.bat" to run
    > the batch file. The windows will show a messagebox "RUN" "SAVE" OR
    > "CANCEL". I want to run the batch file directly and without any
    > prompted action.

    1. As Evertjian says, this is the wrong group
    2. What you want is not possible. Think of the havoc hackers could wreak if
    browsers allowed programs to run on client machines without prompting the
    user.
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"