    file? Or EXE file only? Any ideas?

    Thank you
    , Apr 27, 2007

  2. Mudiya Dissa Guest

    Use the server variables.

    you have to use

    <%

    strIpAddress = Request.ServerVariables("Remote_ADDR") 'for the IP
    'can't remember for OS and MAC
    %>

    Mudiya Dissa, Apr 27, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > Hi,
    > My web application needs to retrieve some client's info, such as MAC
    > address, IP, OS, etc.
    > Java Applet does it well (with one time security warning). But if Java
    > is not installed, I am unable to run applet.
    > So, I need to find the equivalent in, perhaps, VBScript.
    > The question is: how can I read client's MAC address, IP, OS, etc.
    > through web interface on, mostly, Windows OS? Is it something like VBS
    > file? Or EXE file only? Any ideas?
    >
    > Thank you

    This will show you what's available:

    <%
    for each key in request.servervariables
    response.write "request.servervariables(""" & key & _
    """) contains """ & request.servervariables(key) & """<BR>"
    next
    %>
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 27, 2007

    On Apr 27, 11:43 am, Mudiya Dissa <> wrote:
    > Use the server variables.
    >
    > you have to use
    >
    > <%
    >
    > strIpAddress = Request.ServerVariables("Remote_ADDR") 'for the IP
    > 'can't remember for OS and MAC
    > %>
    >
    > *** Sent via Developersdexhttp://www.developersdex.com***

    Sorry, but I need access to mac address and OS more than IP. I need to
    do it with some script running locally on user's PC. It has nothing to
    do with ASP and ASP does not allow retriving this info. Hoever, thanks
    for trying.
    , Apr 27, 2007