How Can I Run Scripts to Get Client Info?

vunet.us

Hi,
My web application needs to retrieve some client's info, such as MAC
address, IP, OS, etc.
Java Applet does it well (with one time security warning). But if Java
is not installed, I am unable to run applet.
So, I need to find the equivalent in, perhaps, VBScript.
The question is: how can I read client's MAC address, IP, OS, etc.
through web interface on, mostly, Windows OS? Is it something like VBS
file? Or EXE file only? Any ideas?

Thank you

Mudiya Dissa

Use the server variables.

you have to use

<%

strIpAddress = Request.ServerVariables("Remote_ADDR") 'for the IP
'can't remember for OS and MAC
%>

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Hi,
My web application needs to retrieve some client's info, such as MAC
address, IP, OS, etc.
Java Applet does it well (with one time security warning). But if Java
is not installed, I am unable to run applet.
So, I need to find the equivalent in, perhaps, VBScript.
The question is: how can I read client's MAC address, IP, OS, etc.
through web interface on, mostly, Windows OS? Is it something like VBS
file? Or EXE file only? Any ideas?

Thank you
This will show you what's available:

<%
for each key in request.servervariables
response.write "request.servervariables(""" & key & _
""") contains """ & request.servervariables(key) & """<BR>"
next
%>

vunet.us

Use the server variables.

you have to use

<%

strIpAddress = Request.ServerVariables("Remote_ADDR") 'for the IP
'can't remember for OS and MAC
%>

*** Sent via Developersdexhttp://www.developersdex.com***

Sorry, but I need access to mac address and OS more than IP. I need to
do it with some script running locally on user's PC. It has nothing to
do with ASP and ASP does not allow retriving this info. Hoever, thanks
for trying.