How can I set Option Explicit systematically in VB.Net?

Eric Mamet

There used to be a checkbox in VB6 to do that in the Development environment.

I'd like to generalise this in all my VB.Net (and ASP.Net) scripts.

Is it possible through some Visual Studio setup?

Thanks

Rick

There used to be a checkbox in VB6 to do that in the Development environment.

I'd like to generalise this in all my VB.Net (and ASP.Net) scripts.

Is it possible through some Visual Studio setup?

Solution Explorer, right click on the project, select Properties, and
the Build option has the compiler defaults.

HTH

William Ryan

As Rick mentioned, you can set it in the properties, but it's on by Default
in .NEt b/c you don't have a variant datatype.... However, do yourself a
favor and turn on Option Strict too...you may not like it at first, but
you'll fall in love with it quickly.

HTH,

Bill