How can I set the HMACSHA1 key to hex?

RedEye

I have tested the output against a hash calculation application. Every thing
works fine but the only problem is that in order for the hash to match the
ap's hash the HMACSHA1.Key needs to be set to HEX. Is there a different
encoding type I should be using?

Any help would be appreciated.

Below is the code in it's current form.

Public Function CalculateHMAC(ByVal data As String, ByVal key As String) As
String
Dim bData As Byte() = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(data)
Dim bKey As Byte() = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(key)
Dim hmac As HMACSHA1 = New HMACSHA1(bKey)

Using cryptoStream As CryptoStream = New CryptoStream(Stream.Null, hmac,
CryptoStreamMode.Write)
cryptoStream.Write(bData, 0, bData.Length)
End Using

Return HexEncoding.ToString(hmac.Hash)
End Function

Thanks!!

RedEye

I got it to work...

It always seem to work out after you post it to the group.

Thanks!