How can I show a blank row in a table?

Dwight

Hi

I would like to show a blank row in table and have the following piece of
code

<TR><TD>Hello</TD></TR>
<TR><TD></TD></TR>
<TR><TD>World</TD></TR>

However as there is no data within the second <TD> the table removes the
line. Is there anyway that I can show it?

Hope that makes sense.

TIA

Augustus

Dwight said:
Hi

I would like to show a blank row in table and have the following piece of
code

<TR><TD>Hello</TD></TR>
<TR><TD></TD></TR>
<TR><TD>World</TD></TR>

However as there is no data within the second <TD> the table removes the
line. Is there anyway that I can show it?

put &nbsp; between the <td> and </td>

Kris

Dwight said:
I would like to show a blank row in table and have the following piece of
code

<TR><TD>Hello</TD></TR>
<TR><TD></TD></TR>
<TR><TD>World</TD></TR>

However as there is no data within the second <TD> the table removes the
line. Is there anyway that I can show it?

The CSS property empty-cells. However, where is the usefulness in an
empty row in a table?

Dwight

Wow, thanks for prompt response.

I'm actually using XML/XSL to transform the data into an HTML document and
some of the data provided may have blank fields. When the fields are blank
then the net result is a row that has been removed. For example, I trying to
display an address.

Any further thoughts?

Kris

The CSS property empty-cells. However, where is the usefulness in an
empty row in a table?
I'm actually using XML/XSL to transform the data into an HTML document and
some of the data provided may have blank fields.[/QUOTE]

I can understand that.
When the fields are blank
then the net result is a row that has been removed. For example, I trying to
display an address.

The CSS property I gave can help, so can the &nbsp; trick that was
explained in another reply. The CSS however does not require you to
trick anything content- or programming-wise.

I have my doubts about what seems to be a one column table. Are you sure
this is not just a list? If it is, use appropriate markup:

<ul>
<li>item</li>
<li>item</li>
</ul>

just leave it said:
Any further thoughts?

Yes, don't top-post, please.

Dwight

Once again thanks for this. I'll look into this CSS property.

Not too sure what you mean by "Don't top-post", I'm new this Newsgroup stuff
so should I have sent this post to somewhere else?

Kris said:
piece
of
I'm actually using XML/XSL to transform the data into an HTML document and
some of the data provided may have blank fields.

I can understand that.
When the fields are blank
then the net result is a row that has been removed. For example, I trying to
display an address.

The CSS property I gave can help, so can the &nbsp; trick that was
explained in another reply. The CSS however does not require you to
trick anything content- or programming-wise.

I have my doubts about what seems to be a one column table. Are you sure
this is not just a list? If it is, use appropriate markup:

<ul>
<li>item</li>
<li>item</li>
..
</ul>

just leave it said:
Any further thoughts?

Yes, don't top-post, please.
[/QUOTE]

Kris

Dwight said:
Not too sure what you mean by "Don't top-post", I'm new this Newsgroup stuff
so should I have sent this post to somewhere else?

It means that ones reply goes beneath the original message instead of
above it, like I do right now. Also make sure the original message you
quote is trimmed (cut out) well enough.

There might be someone any moment now giving you links to good resources
on learning how to use Usenet.