    line. Is there anyway that I can show it?

    Hope that makes sense.

    TIA
    Dwight, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Dwight

    Augustus Guest

    "Dwight" <> wrote in message
    news:c51kl5$6da$...
    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to show a blank row in table and have the following piece of
    > code
    >
    > <TR><TD>Hello</TD></TR>
    > <TR><TD></TD></TR>
    > <TR><TD>World</TD></TR>
    >
    > However as there is no data within the second <TD> the table removes the
    > line. Is there anyway that I can show it?

    put &nbsp; between the <td> and </td>
    Augustus, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Dwight

    Kris Guest

    In article <c51kl5$6da$>,
    "Dwight" <> wrote:

    > I would like to show a blank row in table and have the following piece of
    > code
    >
    > <TR><TD>Hello</TD></TR>
    > <TR><TD></TD></TR>
    > <TR><TD>World</TD></TR>
    >
    > However as there is no data within the second <TD> the table removes the
    > line. Is there anyway that I can show it?

    The CSS property empty-cells. However, where is the usefulness in an
    empty row in a table?

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)
    Kris, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Dwight

    Dwight Guest

    Wow, thanks for prompt response.

    I'm actually using XML/XSL to transform the data into an HTML document and
    some of the data provided may have blank fields. When the fields are blank
    then the net result is a row that has been removed. For example, I trying to
    display an address.

    Any further thoughts?

    Dwight, Apr 7, 2004
  5. Dwight

    Kris Guest

    In article <c51lfc$313$>,
    "Dwight" <> wrote:

    > > > I would like to show a blank row in table and have the following piece

    > of
    > > > code
    > > >
    > > > <TR><TD>Hello</TD></TR>
    > > > <TR><TD></TD></TR>
    > > > <TR><TD>World</TD></TR>
    > > >
    > > > However as there is no data within the second <TD> the table removes the
    > > > line. Is there anyway that I can show it?

    > > The CSS property empty-cells. However, where is the usefulness in an
    > > empty row in a table?
    > >

    > I'm actually using XML/XSL to transform the data into an HTML document and
    > some of the data provided may have blank fields.

    I can understand that.

    > When the fields are blank
    > then the net result is a row that has been removed. For example, I trying to
    > display an address.

    The CSS property I gave can help, so can the &nbsp; trick that was
    explained in another reply. The CSS however does not require you to
    trick anything content- or programming-wise.

    I have my doubts about what seems to be a one column table. Are you sure
    this is not just a list? If it is, use appropriate markup:

    <ul>
    <li>item</li>
    <li>item</li>
    </ul>

    If any field is empty, don't make it result in <li></li>, just leave it
    out altogether.

    > Any further thoughts?

    Yes, don't top-post, please.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)
    Kris, Apr 7, 2004
  6. Dwight

    Dwight Guest

    Once again thanks for this. I'll look into this CSS property.

    Not too sure what you mean by "Don't top-post", I'm new this Newsgroup stuff
    so should I have sent this post to somewhere else?

    Dwight, Apr 7, 2004
  7. Dwight

    Kris Guest

    In article <c51muv$qqf$>,
    "Dwight" <> wrote:

    > Not too sure what you mean by "Don't top-post", I'm new this Newsgroup stuff
    > so should I have sent this post to somewhere else?

    It means that ones reply goes beneath the original message instead of
    above it, like I do right now. Also make sure the original message you
    quote is trimmed (cut out) well enough.

    There might be someone any moment now giving you links to good resources
    on learning how to use Usenet.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)