How can I show ie window without menu or buttons?

Trint Smith

I have tried everything with:
<script language=javascript>
window.open("",null,"fullscreen=no,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no,lo
cation=no");
</script>

And it doesn't work right for me.

Is there another DHTML Method or something else I can use to NOT show
the menu, buttons, status bar or address?
Thanks,
Trint

..Net programmer
(e-mail address removed)

Todd Casey

Try this:

window.open("page.html", "",
"width=400,height=400,location=no,menubar=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=yes,titlebar=no,toolbar=no");

Todd Casey

Curt_C [MVP]

nothing to do with serverside programming..... try window.ShowModalDialog().
It has limited functionality but may work for you.

bruce barker

thats the correct code for opening a new window, (though xp sp2 will prevent
it from running). if you are trying to change the current window, thats not
supported.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Trint Smith

Ok then,
is there a way to just disable the "refresh" button? That's really ALL
I want to do.
Thanks,
Trint

.Net programmer
(e-mail address removed)

bruce barker

not directly. you can expire the page so it will repost, and you and put in
a transaction guid in a hidden field to check for double posts.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)