How can I stop users from viewing pages older than (e.g.) 10 minutes... ?

Shiperton Henethe

Hi

I am advising a "sealed-bid" auction website - i.e. the content
changes fairly often (but not in real time).

We dont want users looking at pages more than say ten minute old.

"No-cache" is causing trouble because local anchors seem to
be causing the entire page to reload!

What we need is for the page to reload each time it is
viewed, if it is more than (say) ten minutes since it
was last viewed.

Though obviously we dont want the page being dumbly reloaded
for no reason if a user has left a window open!!

Has anyone here tried

"max-stale" or
"min-fresh"

Apparently it's all here:

Sorry but I cant understand a word of it!
They never seem to give you helpful examples... !

Ship
Shiperton Henethe

brucie

We dont want users looking at pages more than say ten minute old.

then you're pretty much stuffed. stick something on the end of the url
like the time. if the page is requested again and its older than 10
minutes do something other than serve the page. if its within the 10
minutes return a 304. doesn't prevent caching but its more reliable
than suggesting cache directives.

CannalabsCBDReview