How can I test ASPs?

Rob Rutherford

I have a PC running Win XP Home and want to learn how to write ASPs.
In order to test them I think I need a web server installed on my PC. Since
I don't believe IIS can be run under Win XP Home I downloaded and
installed the Apache web server. I'm stuck at this point and would appreciate
opinions on whether I am on the right track, and, if so, advice on the following.

1. Having written a test asp page how do I use Apache to test it?

2. Can Apache handle VBScript on an ASP page? From the info on the
Apache web site I don't think it can.

Thanks for any advice.

Bob Barrows

Rob said:
I have a PC running Win XP Home and want to learn how to write ASPs.
In order to test them I think I need a web server installed on my PC.
Since
I don't believe IIS can be run under Win XP Home I downloaded and
installed the Apache web server. I'm stuck at this point and would
appreciate opinions on whether I am on the right track, and, if so,
advice on the following.

1. Having written a test asp page how do I use Apache to test it?

2. Can Apache handle VBScript on an ASP page? From the info on the
Apache web site I don't think it can.

Thanks for any advice.

You need IIS to run ASP pages.
I understand that you can get software from a company called ChiliSoft that
allows it to run on Apache.

HTH,
Bob Barrows

A Ratcliffe

Actualy, it doesn't talk about WinXP Home edition, and to make things worse
it seems to be hooked on MySQL.

There is somewhere on the web a way to 'fake' PWS/IIS to install onto XP
Home, but its is not recommended. You'd be better upgrading to XP Pro.

Yours,

Ann-Marie Ratcliffe
(e-mail address removed)