    from the net. I don't know how to declare this package beside the
    "use" command in the source, then what should I do more? Thank you
    very much for your regard.
    Aoniti, Oct 8, 2003

  2. "Aoniti" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am a new comer in VHDL. I am using ModelSim to simulate my lesson.
    > Now I want to use numeric_signed.vhd package that I have downloaded
    > from the net. I don't know how to declare this package beside the
    > "use" command in the source, then what should I do more? Thank you
    > very much for your regard.

    1. You first have to compile the package (the same way you have compiled
    entities). After that the package is in library WORK.
    2. If you want to use this package write:
    USE work.numeric_signed.ALL;
    ENTITY blabla

    If you have compiled the package into another library you have to write:
    LIBRARY <your lib name>;
    USE <your lib name>.numeric_signed.ALL;
    ENTITY ...

    Egbert Molenkamp