How can I use Image::Magick moduel on Windows system ?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Lee, Bangrae, Dec 10, 2005.

  1. Lee, Bangrae

    Lee, Bangrae Guest

    Dear Sir!

    I'm a real beginner on Perl programming.

    I use Active Perl(V.5.8.6) on Windows XP Home Edition.

    And I want to use Image::Magick to create image.

    On the dos prompt, I typed as follows

    >ppm rep add threoryx http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/

    >ppm install Image

    Maybe no packages exist for Image::Magick

    How can I use the module on Windows system?
    Lee, Bangrae, Dec 10, 2005

  2. Lee, Bangrae

    robic0 Guest

    On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 15:38:43 +0900, "Lee, Bangrae"
    <> wrote:

    >Dear Sir!
    >
    >I'm a real beginner on Perl programming.
    >
    >I use Active Perl(V.5.8.6) on Windows XP Home Edition.
    >
    >And I want to use Image::Magick to create image.
    >
    >On the dos prompt, I typed as follows
    >
    >>ppm rep add threoryx http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/

    >>ppm install Image

    >Maybe no packages exist for Image::Magick
    >
    >How can I use the module on Windows system?

    I don't know, but I'm getting sick of the constant
    "I'm so new" plead to get a question answered.
    If your so new to Perl, shouldn't you start with
    something simple like, what a variable is?
    Maybe you should get the random phrase, Perl code
    generator (check Cpan) and put in "Image::Magick"
    seed, and test it. Works for some..
    robic0, Dec 10, 2005

  3. Lee, Bangrae

    Sisyphus Guest

    "Lee, Bangrae" <> wrote in message
    > Dear Sir!
    >
    > I'm a real beginner on Perl programming.
    >
    > I use Active Perl(V.5.8.6) on Windows XP Home Edition.
    >
    > And I want to use Image::Magick to create image.
    >
    > On the dos prompt, I typed as follows
    >
    > >ppm rep add threoryx http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/

    > >ppm install Image

    > Maybe no packages exist for Image::Magick

    Doesn't seem to be one at the uwinnipeg site, but this should work:

    ppm install http://www.bribes.org/perl/ppm/Image-Magick.ppd

    Visit http://www.bribes.org/perl/ppmdir.html for a full list of what's
    available there.

    Cheers,