    Any direction and advice would be greatly appreciated,

    Thank You,
    Rodney

    jitrowia, Jan 26, 2008

  2. jitrowia

    Tim Rau Guest

    Re: How can I use the up and down, left and right arrow keys tocontrol a Python Pgm

    On Jan 25, 10:48 pm, "jitrowia" <> wrote:
    > I was wondering what kind of python code I would need to enable me to
    > use the up and down, left and right arrow keys to control software
    > programming decisions within a Python Program.
    >
    > Any direction and advice would be greatly appreciated,
    >
    > Thank You,
    > Rodney

    "software programming decisions" is awfully vague. COuld oyu narrow
    down exactly what you want to do?

    Tim Rau, Jan 26, 2008

  3. Re: How can I use the up and down, left and right arrow keys to control a Python Pgm

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 03:48:44 -0000, "jitrowia" <>

    > I was wondering what kind of python code I would need to enable me to
    > use the up and down, left and right arrow keys to control software
    > programming decisions within a Python Program.
    >
    > Any direction and advice would be greatly appreciated,

    Well... First off, most text consoles don't return "a key" for those
    -- they return a control sequence (eg, multiple bytes for each key).
    What OS? You may have to enable a raw key mode, you may need to use OS
    specific functions to "read" the key sequences...

    GUI system? You'll have to bind the key sequence to some
    operation...
    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG

    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/