    windows and Unix?

    RGS
    Wavelet
    wavelet, Oct 10, 2005

  2. * wavelet:

    > Now I want to check how much memory is used by a.exe
    > or whether some memory leak happens . Is there any API
    > interface availabe or tools for this purpose on both
    > windows and Unix?

    Not in standard C++.

    And system-specific APIs are off-topic in this group (read the
    welcome-message, posted monthly here, and the FAQ).

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
    Alf P. Steinbach, Oct 10, 2005

  3. wavelet

    John Ratliff Guest

    wavelet wrote:
    > a.exe is one programming writen with c/c++ language.
    > a.exe will be called multi-times by another programming.
    >
    > Now I want to check how much memory is used by a.exe
    > or whether some memory leak happens . Is there any API
    > interface availabe or tools for this purpose on both
    > windows and Unix?

    Sure, but this has nothing to do with C++.

    You need to google for a memory profiler.

    Regards,

    --John Ratliff
    John Ratliff, Oct 10, 2005
  4. wavelet wrote:
    > a.exe is one programming writen with c/c++ language.
    > a.exe will be called multi-times by another programming.
    >
    > Now I want to check how much memory is used by a.exe
    > or whether some memory leak happens . Is there any API
    > interface availabe or tools for this purpose on both
    > windows and Unix?
    >
    > RGS
    > Wavelet

    This question is off topic for comp.lang.c++.

    I don't know much about windows, but Solaris has a a number of tools.
    Firstly, "pmap" gives you a nice breakdown of the process' memory usage.
    If you're on x86 you can probably compile Valgrind for solaris: that's
    pretty much the golden standard. If you're on Sparc then I suggest the
    open source Dmalloc library. Electric fence is an oldie but a goodie,
    and it's had leak detection bolted on.

    Jacques.
    Jacques Labuschagne, Oct 10, 2005