    Simon Guest

    As title. How to clean out VSWebCache? Any good way to do that?

    Thanks.

    Simon, Jun 11, 2008

  2. Hello Simon,

    Check the Documents and Settings\<user>\VSWebCache\ folder

    ---
    WBR,
    Michael Nemtsev [Microsoft MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

    Michael Nemtsev [MVP], Jun 11, 2008

  3. Hi Simon,

    As Michael mentioned, the visual studio's vswebcache is a cache folder
    under the user profile directory:

    c:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\VSWebCache\

    BTW, is there any particular requirement that you need to clean it up.
    Generally, it is a internal managed folder which is not intended to be
    access by users.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    --------------------

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Jun 12, 2008
  4. re:
    !> the visual studio's vswebcache is a cache folder under the user profile directory:
    !> \Documents and Settings\[Username]\VSWebCache\

    Steven,

    I don't have a \Documents and Settings\[Username]\VSWebCache\ folder.

    I do have a folder named :
    \Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WebsiteCache

    Why don't I have a VSWebCache folder ?
    I have both VS2005 and VS 2008 installed, and am running Windows Server 2003.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 12, 2008
  5. Simon

    Simon Guest

    Thanks for the information, Steven. That is helpful. I have no requirement
    to clean it up currently. Just heard of it recently and wanted to know where
    it stores. I am OK with it now.

    Simon, Jun 12, 2008
  6. Hi Juan,

    Seems the vswebcache is more used in VS.NET 2003:

    #Locations for user customizations in Visual Studio 2005 or in Visual
    Studio .NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320851

    my VS 2008 envirenment also doesn't have this cache folder.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    --------------------
    >From: "Juan T. Llibre" <>

    <>

    >> Hi Simon,
    >>
    >> As Michael mentioned, the visual studio's vswebcache is a cache folder
    >> under the user profile directory:
    >>
    >> c:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\VSWebCache\
    >>
    >> BTW, is there any particular requirement that you need to clean it up.
    >> Generally, it is a internal managed folder which is not intended to be
    >> access by users.
    >>
    >> Sincerely,
    >>
    >> Steven Cheng
    >>
    >> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead
    >>

    >> Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your comments and

    Please
    >> .

    >> ications.

    rights.

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Jun 12, 2008
  7. Hi Simon,

    Here is kb article which mentioned more user specific customiation settings
    (registry or file path) about visual studio:

    #Locations for user customizations in Visual Studio 2005 or in Visual
    Studio .NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320851

    the vswebcache is more used by VS 2003

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Jun 12, 2008
  8. re:
    !> Seems the vswebcache is more used in VS.NET 2003:

    Thank you, Steven.

    I was scratching my head a bit, since the VS version number had not been specified earlier
    in the thread, and neither VS 2005 nor VS 2008 use VsWebCache, but do use WebsiteCache.

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 12, 2008
  9. Thanks Juan,

    Yes, I've ever noticed the "WebSitecache", seems it will store some website
    publish related files(xml ) sometimes.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    --------------------
    >From: "Juan T. Llibre" <>

    <>
    <>
    <>

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Jun 13, 2008
  10. Simon

    Simon Guest

    Thanks for the additional message, Steven. It is helpful.

    Simon, Jun 16, 2008
  11. You're welcome.

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Jun 16, 2008