how can we invoke tools { like javac , javap} in java program ?

ram

hi there ,
in course of writing a program i needed to input "java source code"
and compile it
in program itself and pipe the compiled "class file" to other tool
called "javap".
so, anybody out there tell me how to invoke "javac & javap " from
source itself

ameyas7

hi there ,
in course of writing a program i needed to input "java source code"
and compile it
in program itself and pipe the compiled "class file" to other tool
called "javap".
so, anybody out there tell me how to invoke "javac & javap " from
source itself

check out exec method of java.lang.Runtime class.

regards
amey

ameyas7

hi there ,
in course of writing a program i needed to input "java source code"
and compile it
in program itself and pipe the compiled "class file" to other tool
called "javap".
so, anybody out there tell me how to invoke "javac & javap " from
source itself

oh i forgot to mention @ pipes.
u may need to have a look at Process class as well.

Andrew Thompson

<http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javacmain.html>
<http://www.google.com/search?q=jsr+199>

so, anybody out there tell me how to invoke "javac & javap " from
source itself

Is that a question? If so, it pays to add a question mark (?).
Another thing that encourages people to read messages,
by making it easier for them to do that, is to use the Shift
Key once at the start of each sentence.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/