    you can see the same thing?

    many thanks!
    Kris
    Kris, Oct 30, 2004

  2. Kris

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Kris said:

    > http://camacho.tv/index.php
    > When you click the picture banner on top of the page, it opens a new
    > picture.

    i'll take your word for it. i stopped wasting my time/money/bandwidth at
    100k.

    > I really like this and I wish I could have it on my site.

    heres a click picture and display another one thingy:
    http://butterflies.usenetshit.info/

    --

    v o i c e s o f t h e l i t t l e
    brucie, Oct 30, 2004

  3. Kris

    Mitja Guest

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:39:06 +0200, Kris <> wrote:

    > http://camacho.tv/index.php
    > [implemented random header images]

    > Can anyone give me a tip on how to do this? Or do you know other sites where
    > you can see the same thing?

    http://www.oktaeder.com and probably quite a few others

    Best way to do it is server-side scripting (perl, python, asp, php, ...), but you can also do it with a bit JS - don't ask me for actual code, though, I just know it's doable. You should be able to find the code in one of the many javascript archives on the web.

    --
    Mitja
    Mitja, Oct 30, 2004
  4. On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:39:06 +0200, Kris wrote:

    > http://camacho.tv/index.php
    >
    > When you click the picture banner on top of the page, it opens a new
    > picture. I really like this and I wish I could have it on my site.
    > I'm not really into programming and web development, but nonetheless, I'm
    > hoping that I can accomplish this with some sort of tool maybe?
    >
    > Can anyone give me a tip on how to do this? Or do you know other sites where
    > you can see the same thing?
    >
    > many thanks!
    > Kris

    It is not just when you click the picture banner -- it is when you reload
    the page. Thus it is some sort of server side random image thingy.

    Here is my solution (in PHP) for the random image thingy:
    http://engineering.jhu.edu/~jeff/random_image.php

    Just keep reloading the page and a new random image appears.

    --
    Jeffrey Silverman

    ** Drop "PANTS" to reply by email
    Jeffrey Silverman, Oct 30, 2004
  5. Kris

    Dan Ruscoe Guest

    In article <>, Jeffrey Silverman
    says...
    > On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:39:06 +0200, Kris wrote:
    >
    > > http://camacho.tv/index.php
    > >
    > > When you click the picture banner on top of the page, it opens a new
    > > picture.

    > It is not just when you click the picture banner -- it is when you reload
    > the page. Thus it is some sort of server side random image thingy.
    >
    > Here is my solution (in PHP) for the random image thingy:
    > http://engineering.jhu.edu/~jeff/random_image.php
    >
    > Just keep reloading the page and a new random image appears.

    For the OP, use Jeffrey's script and link the resulting image to the
    page it resides on to gain the effect of loading a new image every time
    it is clicked.
    Dan Ruscoe, Oct 30, 2004
  6. Kris

    Kris Guest

    Thanks a lot everyone for the input, especially Jeffrey!
    That's what I was looking for!

    Kris

    Kris, Oct 30, 2004