how can you do this?...

Kris

http://camacho.tv/index.php

When you click the picture banner on top of the page, it opens a new
picture. I really like this and I wish I could have it on my site.
I'm not really into programming and web development, but nonetheless, I'm
hoping that I can accomplish this with some sort of tool maybe?

Can anyone give me a tip on how to do this? Or do you know other sites where
you can see the same thing?

many thanks!
Kris

Mitja

http://camacho.tv/index.php
[implemented random header images]
Can anyone give me a tip on how to do this? Or do you know other sites where
you can see the same thing?
http://www.oktaeder.com and probably quite a few others

Best way to do it is server-side scripting (perl, python, asp, php, ...), but you can also do it with a bit JS - don't ask me for actual code, though, I just know it's doable. You should be able to find the code in one of the many javascript archives on the web.

Jeffrey Silverman

http://camacho.tv/index.php

When you click the picture banner on top of the page, it opens a new
picture. I really like this and I wish I could have it on my site.
I'm not really into programming and web development, but nonetheless, I'm
hoping that I can accomplish this with some sort of tool maybe?

Can anyone give me a tip on how to do this? Or do you know other sites where
you can see the same thing?

many thanks!
Kris

It is not just when you click the picture banner -- it is when you reload
the page. Thus it is some sort of server side random image thingy.

Here is my solution (in PHP) for the random image thingy:
http://engineering.jhu.edu/~jeff/random_image.php

Just keep reloading the page and a new random image appears.

Dan Ruscoe

Jeffrey Silverman said:
It is not just when you click the picture banner -- it is when you reload
the page. Thus it is some sort of server side random image thingy.

Here is my solution (in PHP) for the random image thingy:
http://engineering.jhu.edu/~jeff/random_image.php

Just keep reloading the page and a new random image appears.

For the OP, use Jeffrey's script and link the resulting image to the
page it resides on to gain the effect of loading a new image every time
it is clicked.

Kris

Thanks a lot everyone for the input, especially Jeffrey!
That's what I was looking for!

Kris