    lbrtchx
    comp.lang.java.programmer: How can you make idle processors pick up java work?
    , Jul 30, 2012

  2. On 7/30/2012 6:01 PM, wrote:
    > Is there a way to make these processors pick up/share work also, or
    > do you have to use some sort of scheduling framework on top of java?

    Use multiple threads?

    tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth
    Joshua Cranmer, Jul 30, 2012

  3. markspace Guest

    On 7/30/2012 3:01 PM, wrote:

    > Is there a way to make these processors pick up/share work also, or
    > do you have to use some sort of scheduling framework on top of java?

    I have to echo Joshua's comment. What are you doing now that you expect
    a JVM to be executing more than one thread? The full protocol stack
    would be good to know, as well as any frameworks you are currently
    using. Some are multi-threaded, some aren't.
    markspace, Jul 30, 2012
  4. Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:01:03 +0000 (UTC), wrote,

    > How can you make idle processors pick up java work?

    You need multiple threads. There is no way two processors can gang up
    to boost the same thread.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/thread.html
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products