How check multiple file existance on FTP server?

Cirene

Using VB.NET (latest version) I want to log onto an FTP server and check for
the existance of 10 files in 3 different directories. I would prefer to do
this over 1 live connection. Anyone have any sample code that does this?

(The code samples that I've seen connects via a FtpWebRequest to a specific
URI (which includes a filename) and just checks if GetFileSize produces an
error which contains 550. I'm not sure if this is the most efficient. Even
if it is, I don't want to have to create a specific URI for each filename,
then reconnect each time over FTP. I would like to have 1 connection, for
efficiencies sake...)

Thanks!

sloan

At the end of the day, the DotNet code is just fancied up wrappers for the
baseline FTP calls.

So unless there is a default ftp (nothing to do with dotnet code) for
multiple files, dotnet cannot really help (even with a fancy wrapper).

While this was a pre 2.0 helper library (for 1.1 ftp'ing), you can at least
look at the source code and see some of the "baseline" FTP calls.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/ftplib.aspx
(I contributed some datetime stuff to it, but JP carried the load on that
one)