how come no scrollbars on window.open?

Randell D.

Folks,

This is my simple piece of javascript

window.open("/html/guest_book.htm","guestbook","800","600","yes");
window.focus();

It works in such that the guestbook window is opened, then 'hidden' under
the main window which shows family photos... but the problem is that the
guestbook shows no scroolbars (which are needed to view previous entries by
other family members).

What am I doing wrong?

I'm using IE6 and Mozilla 1.4 however I would have not expected cross
browser problems with something as simple as this...

Anyone point me straight because I'm a bit new to Javascript...

thanks

Evertjan.

Randell D. wrote on 28 aug 2003 in comp.lang.javascript:
window.open("/html/guest_book.htm","guestbook","800","600","yes");
window.focus();

It works in such that the guestbook window is opened, then 'hidden'
under the main window which shows family photos... but the problem is
that the guestbook shows no scroolbars (which are needed to view
previous entries by other family members).

What am I doing wrong?

window.open() has only 3 parameters, not your 5

read the docs.