how come no scrollbars on window.open?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Randell D., Aug 28, 2003.

  1. Randell D.

    Randell D. Guest

    Folks,

    This is my simple piece of javascript

    window.open("/html/guest_book.htm","guestbook","800","600","yes");
    window.focus();

    It works in such that the guestbook window is opened, then 'hidden' under
    the main window which shows family photos... but the problem is that the
    guestbook shows no scroolbars (which are needed to view previous entries by
    other family members).

    What am I doing wrong?

    I'm using IE6 and Mozilla 1.4 however I would have not expected cross
    browser problems with something as simple as this...

    Anyone point me straight because I'm a bit new to Javascript...

    thanks

    Randell D., Aug 28, 2003

  2. Randell D.

    Evertjan. Guest

    Randell D. wrote on 28 aug 2003 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > window.open("/html/guest_book.htm","guestbook","800","600","yes");
    > window.focus();
    >
    > It works in such that the guestbook window is opened, then 'hidden'
    > under the main window which shows family photos... but the problem is
    > that the guestbook shows no scroolbars (which are needed to view
    > previous entries by other family members).
    >
    > What am I doing wrong?

    window.open() has only 3 parameters, not your 5

    read the docs.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.