How come Python software, tools and libraries is so good? A hug toGvr and the Python community!

Discussion in 'Python' started by cnb, Aug 28, 2008.

  1. cnb

    cnb Guest

    I have been testing different tools for cvs, math etc and I am
    constantly amazed how many great tools and libraries there are for
    Python.
    SAGE, Mercurial as 2 outstanding tools and there a re excellent
    libraries fro anything you want, natural language processing, any kind
    of parsing, math, simulation, neural networks, genetic algorithms,
    data visualization etc.

    And everythign just works, download and go!

    Is this a consequense of the language being so intuitive and easy to
    use and superwell documented? This then affects how people write code
    and what programmers are attracted in the first place.

    Being a bit of a fanboy here but I have never experinced such a
    satisfaction with a language before.

    Sure it can get better(I won't take that up in this thread do) but in
    general I want to give a big hug to GvR and the Python community.
    cnb, Aug 28, 2008