How could fire both TextChanged event and button click if button is clicked

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by dyw55a@yahoo.com, Jun 1, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I am using ASP.NET. I have 3 web server controls on my page. One is
    textbox1 with AUTOPOSTBACK = true. The other one is another textbox2
    with AUTOPOSTBACK = false. The third item is a save button.

    Now, I want whenever textbox1 changes, system automatically fills in
    value in textbox2. If user click on button, then system SAVE
    information into database.

    Now my problem is if when user change text in textbox1, instead of move
    cursor ro anywhere else, he click on SAVE button. So the system will
    fire page autopostback and fill in value in textbox2 but will not SAVE
    this information. I do want to save the information when user click on
    SAVE.

    I understand that there is one one action server could response to
    this. Is there anyway I could detect that user click on button instead
    of moving cursor out of textbox1 area?

    Thanks in advanced,
    Dean
    , Jun 1, 2006