How could I convert plain UTF-8 XML to Outlook HTML format ?

Castor Nageur

Hi all,

I have a Unix application which actually mails some plain UTF-8 XML
text messages.
Here is one of my XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?
xml>

If I open this XML with IE, I will get the following (indented &
colored) result:

http://www.cijoint.fr/cj201010/cijJQyaKgx.jpg

I would like my XML shown in the Outlook mail body the same way as IE
(or Firefox, or Google ...) does.
The XML must not be sent as a mail attachment since I was requested
not to attach any file to the mails.

My first idea was to transform my plain XML to the Outlook HTML format
but I did not find such a XSL to do this.
I am working in C++ using Xerces/Xalan.

* So, do you know a XSL which could convert XML to the Outlook HTML
format ?

* Any other idea is welcomed.

Thx in advance.

Martin Honnen

Castor said:
[...]

I don't know what Outlook HTML format is. If you want to transform XML
to HTML the way some browsers do then google for "XSLT default
stylesheet", it turns up stuff like
http://www.stylusstudio.com/xsllist/200105/post31010.html

Be aware that IE (at least IE 5 to 8) do not use the standardized XSLT
language for the transformation but rather some proprietary predecessor.
In IE's language I think stuff like the XML declaration or a document
type declaration are represented in the data model and can that way be
output. With the standardized XSLT language neither the XML declaration
or the document type declaration are represented in the data model,
therefore an XSLT stylesheet can't read such stuff and copy it to the
output.