How could I invoke a webservice with some nillable values

vqqmbhlu8s88lz1

In document mode, I want to fill some values in my SOAP Request with
literal values but I want also pass "null values" on it to set to blank
distant data like datas, addresses, ... and so on, as I will reset
them.

Thanks for your help.

Manohar Kamath

Depends on if you nulls are valid values for the objects. Fundamental types
like int, etc. are value-types, and you can not assign nulls to these. If
you really need to null these out, consider create a flag to indicate that
these values are nulls, and handle this accordingly in your web methods.

Dan Rogers

Also, consider passing (or not passing) elements as a way to do this. An
optional element that is not set is not serialized (refernce types). If
you want to not pass a value type, create a field with the same name as
your field, but of type boolean with the word Specified appended to the
field name.

public int myInt;
public bool myIntSpecified = false;

This will make the myInt field be supressed from serialization if the value
of myIntSpecified is false.