How detect if page is requested from other page or a fresh request

Ankur

Hello,
In Page_Init event, I need to determine if page is requested as a result of
redirection (i.e. using request.redirect() method) or by directly typing in
the address bar.
Lets assume, to open "mysite.com" site, you can either directly type the
address in address bar or click on <a href="www.mysite.com">mysite</a> link
on some page. Now in mysite's index page, I wish to detect if user typed the
address in address bar or clicked on link contained in some page.
I tried using URLRefferer couldn't get it work for me as I am new to ASP.Net.
Please assist. All comments are welcomed.
Thanks for your time.