How display MessageBox in aspx-page?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alexander Vasilevsky, Aug 3, 2008.

  1. How display MessageBox in aspx-page?

    http://www.alvas.net - Audio tools for C# and VB.Net developers

    Alexander Vasilevsky, Aug 3, 2008

  2. Alexander Vasilevsky

    Scott M. Guest

    You have to send the command for that down to the client, since it is the
    client that will be rendering the page. Since JavaScript is the standard
    scripting language that all clients understand, you need to send the
    JavaScript alert() command to the client.

    Response.Write("alert('Your message here.')") would do it.

    Scott M., Aug 3, 2008

  3. Alexander Vasilevsky

    HillBilly Guest

    There is no native MessageBox for web development. We have to use
    client-side script and HTML. The easiest way out?

    //JavaScript
    alert('Hello World');

    You don't by any chance have any documentation naming and comparing the
    sound files distributed with the various Windows OS releases do you? For no
    good reason I can think of the Vista release has renamed and relocated the
    folders and all of the sound files.

    HillBilly, Aug 3, 2008
  4. Alexander Vasilevsky

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    You can output a javascript snippet (for example alert window) from
    server-side code with Page.ClientScript.RegisterXXX methods or if you're
    using ASP.NET Ajax, with ScriptManager's RegisterXXX methods
    (XXX=StartupScript / ClientScriptBlock). That's if you need to initiate it
    from server-side.

    You can also show something with DIVs / SPAN's when you have a lot more
    control over the styles etc. Certainly there's also popup windows, but they
    are not very friendly for users using popup blockers (quite many don't like
    them at all). :)

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP