    --
    Thanks in advance :)

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 21, 2005

  2. Jon Spivey

    Jon Spivey Guest

    Hi,
    Onload fires when the whole page (including iframes) has loaded. You'd put
    the function call in the body of the parent page, eg

    --
    Cheers,
    Jon

    Jon Spivey, Sep 21, 2005

  3. ASM

    ASM Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > HI! I need to call a function that is located in the parent. I need it so
    > that it calls when the child page in the iframe loads.
    >
    > Would it be better to use an onload event in the body? if so how do I call
    > it from the child page?

    in the child page :

    ASM, Sep 21, 2005
  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    HI! Thanks, I will try it. :)

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 21, 2005
  5. Paul

    Paul Guest

    One other question though?

    HI! I want to simulate resizing the parent page page by using this function.

    <script language="JavaScript">
    function firefoxautofix(x,y,){
    parent.window.resizeBy(-1,-1)
    parent.window.resizeBy(+1,+1)
    }
    </script>

    Should this function be in the head or the body?

    I want to get around a small bug in firefox that does not seem to resize (
    after a iframe resize script is executed) the body unless the user refreshes
    the page or resizes the browser manually from left to right. So I figure
    that I would try to simulate a manual resize with this script.

    Would I just call it like so.

    --
    Thanks in advance :)

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 21, 2005
  6. Paul

    Paul Guest

    HI! thanks asm I think I might use this method.

    Thanks

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 21, 2005
  7. ASM

    ASM Guest

    Re: One other question though?

    Paul wrote:
    > HI! I want to simulate resizing the parent page page by using this function.
    >
    > <script language="JavaScript">
    > function firefoxautofix(x,y,){
    > parent.window.resizeBy(-1,-1)
    > parent.window.resizeBy(+1,+1)
    > }
    > </script>
    >
    > Should this function be in the head or the body?
    >
    > I want to get around a small bug in firefox

    is it really a bug ?
    thought on validate conventions an iFrame can't be resized ?

    > that does not seem to resize (
    > after a iframe resize script is executed) the body unless the user refreshes
    > the page or resizes the browser manually from left to right. So I figure
    > that I would try to simulate a manual resize with this script.
    >
    > Would I just call it like so.

    you're joking ?

    ASM, Sep 21, 2005
  8. Ronx

    Ronx Guest

    Re: One other question though?

    Note that firefox has an option setting to disable scripts that resize
    the browser - I believe this is the default setting.
    In FireFox: Tools->Options->Web Features - Advanced button
    --
    Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

    Ronx, Sep 21, 2005
  9. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Re: One other question though?

    Thanks for pointing that out. I have already get that though. that's anyways
    :)

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 21, 2005