How do create an Admin page that has the same functionality as "Security" tab in 'ASP.NET configura

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Learner, Apr 17, 2006.

  1. Learner

    Learner Guest

    Hello,
    We trying to build the complete Member ship and Role management
    system in our website and build this functionality into our website for
    the Admin role rather using the ASP.NET Configuration thats comes
    default with VS 2005.

    In Visual Studio 2005 for any website we can create and manage Users
    and Roles through the ASP.NET Configuration tool under the "Security"
    tab. How do I bring the same functionality of the entire "Security"
    into our website? I.e in other words creating a web page with the same
    functionality that the "Security" tab has.

    Could some one help me to direct me where and how do I start building
    an Admin page to have all the functionalities like Creating Users,
    Mangeing Users, Creating Roles and Mnaging Roles, and defining access
    Rules etc..

    Is there an article to go through to understand it?

    thanks in advance,
    -L

    Learner, Apr 17, 2006

  2. Learner

    gerry Guest

    full source is installed with vs :
    %SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\v2.0.50727\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles

    gerry, Apr 18, 2006

  3. Learner

    Learner Guest

    Re: How do create an Admin page that has the same functionality as "Security" tab in 'ASP.NET configuration tool'?

    Hello,
    Thanks for the info. I am kind a new to this stuff but have a will to
    build a remote Admin page for our site. Is there a walk through kind of
    explanation or blog that explains how to use the files
    located @ %SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\v2.0.50727\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles to
    accomplish the tasks?

    Thanks
    -L

    Learner, Apr 18, 2006
  4. Learner

    gerry Guest

    Re: How do create an Admin page that has the same functionality as "Security" tab in 'ASP.NET configuration tool'?

    not that I know of
    but you do have 100% full working source
    that directory is where the vs site admin tool actually runs from
    no offense intended but if you are having trouble figuring out how it works
    or what changes you need to make when you have full access to all the source
    for the existing tool, maybe you are biting off more than you can chew ?
    I you have specific questions post them here - I'm sure someone will have
    the answers.

    gerry, Apr 18, 2006
  5. Learner

    Learner Guest

    Re: How do create an Admin page that has the same functionality as "Security" tab in 'ASP.NET configuration tool'?

    Thanks gerry. I will try working with the simple first and then post
    questions here if I need some help. But that will be interesting I
    guess.
    Thanks
    -L

    Learner, Apr 19, 2006