How do draw new window immideately?

Olav Tollefsen

I have a web form which does some time consuming operation (~ 10 seconds) in
Page_Load. This results in a stale window to the user until Page_Load is
finished rendering the page.

Is it possible to get the window to be drawn at once to the user, maybe
displaying "Loading..." and then redraw the window again when the processing
is complete?

Olav

Eric Lawrence [MSFT]

I don't know any trivial way of doing this. Look at airline flight search
pages (e.g. Orbitz.com, Yahoo! Travel, Travelocity, etc) for examples of
how this is done. (Usually with meta-refreshing pages which carry a ticket
#)

Thanks,

Eric Lawrence
Program Manager
Assistance and Worldwide Services

Michael Pearson

What you can do is output the "loading" in a <DIV> or <Span> tag, and then
do response.flush.
Then after the flush start your long running process. After that process is
complete write out some javascript that will hide that <DIV> tag
(style.display = 'none')

Michael