    access to my as pages only. i don't want just anyone to type in the path of
    my files. i can't seem to do this with a shared folder.

    --

    James, Aug 10, 2004

  2. James

    James Guest

    err.. Im trying to give access to my ASP (active server pages) sorry for
    the typo....

    James, Aug 10, 2004

  3. James

    Ray at Guest

    In a default setup, ASP pages run under the local IUSR_[serverName] local
    account. Another machine on your network with a share will not recognize
    SERVERNAME\IUSR_SERVERNAME when that user account tries to access the share,
    so access will be denied. If you are in a domain environment, you can
    change things in IIS so that your anonymous user is not the local IUSR
    account, but is a domain account instead. Then just make sure that domain
    account has NTFS and share permission to the share.

    See this article for some more info:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Aug 10, 2004