    downloadable?

    Thanks
    Dave
    Dave, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Dave

    Hywel Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > How can I, through a html page read a dir of files and create a
    > hyperlinked list that will display on the html page so they are
    > downloadable?

    You can't. What server-side processes can you use?

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Dave

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:>
    Dave <> said:

    > How can I, through a html page read a dir of files and create a
    > hyperlinked list that will display on the html page so they are
    > downloadable?

    pretty simple using your favorite server side language or you can use a
    premade script: http://scripts.dmag.org/dirwrap/

    --
    b r u c i e
    brucie, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 23:38:38 +0100, Hywel <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >> How can I, through a html page read a dir of files and create a
    >> hyperlinked list that will display on the html page so they are
    >> downloadable?

    >You can't. What server-side processes can you use?

    I use a home based web server and I want to list files from a dir on
    ,y computer for download...

    Dave
    Dave, Apr 18, 2004
  5. Dave wrote:
    > How can I, through a html page read a dir of files and create a
    > hyperlinked list that will display on the html page so they are
    > downloadable?

    Would it be possible for you to simply allow directroy browsing on you
    folders of your web server?
    Disco Octopus, Apr 18, 2004
  6. Dave

    Hywel Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 23:38:38 +0100, Hywel <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >> How can I, through a html page read a dir of files and create a
    > >> hyperlinked list that will display on the html page so they are
    > >> downloadable?

    > >You can't. What server-side processes can you use?

    > I use a home based web server and I want to list files from a dir on
    > ,y computer for download...

    Just enable directory listing then.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche