    I have a webform that I need to download a DLL to the client's PC and then call the DLL and pass it a value. I have looked everywhere but I can't find a good example

    Any suggestions?

    Ron
    =?Utf-8?B?Um9uIFJhc211c3Nlbg==?=, May 24, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Um9uIFJhc211c3Nlbg==?=

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    Those two articles will guide you. Read them well not just to see how
    technically it done but to understand how, when and where. Reading those
    articles will solve you lots of hours.

    1) http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/06/rich/
    2) http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/07/NetSmartClients/

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Natty Gur, May 24, 2004

  3. Ron,

    You may want to consider a winform application running from internet explorer unless that is what you mean by webform. An ASP.Net webform is not going to download a DLL and run code form it very easily. What are you trying to accomplish?

    > I have a webform that I need to download a DLL to the client's PC and then call the DLL and pass it a value. I have looked everywhere but I can't find a good example.

    -Calvin Luttrell
    ProjectThunder.com
    Calvin Luttrell/ProjectThunder.com, May 24, 2004
  4. Specifically what I want to do is automate WORD on the client PC that incorporated data from our server. I have a DLL that if you pass it a customer ID it gets the dat, creates a WORD document on the client PC and then prints it

    Thank

    Ron
    =?Utf-8?B?Um9uIFJhc211c3Nlbg==?=, May 24, 2004