how do I call a function from a .so file in UNIX via a perl script?

news.hinet.net

Can perl script create shared object (.so) libraries in a UNIX environment??
and
how do I call a function from a .so file in UNIX via a perl script?

Sisyphus

Abigail said:
`' how do I call a function from a .so file in UNIX via a perl script?

Use XS or Inline::C.

There's also C::DynaLib which (I'm told) can be used to directly access
the functions in shared libs on most *nix systems. I haven't tried it,
and I know nothing about it. Search comp.lang.perl.misc for the thread
entitled "new Perl feature request: call into shared libs" (from March
2003).

For myself ... I'll just stick with XS and inline::C :)

Cheers,
Rob