how do I call a number at the end of a hyperlink?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Trint Smith, Feb 15, 2004.

  1. Trint Smith

    Trint Smith Guest

    I have a program that creates an html results page with:
    item# | photo | title | description | price...etc
    just like that on down the page. When someone mouses over which ever
    one they want to see in detail, I somehow need for it to, when they
    click on that result, to send out the item number of that selection to
    the aspx file it is calling:
    http://mysite.com/detail.aspx 'and pass the item number.'
    How can I do that?

    And how can the aspx file then load that number into a string for me to
    use?

    Thanks,
    Trint

    ..Net programmer

    Trint Smith, Feb 15, 2004

  2. Trint Smith

    Dan Brussee Guest

    SImplest thing I can think of is to use a querystring.

    The URL of the link would be...
    http://www.domain.com/showinfo.aspx?id=12345

    Inside the code of showinfo.aspx, reference the ID by referring to
    request.querystring("id")

    Dan Brussee, Feb 15, 2004

  3. Trint Smith

    Trint Smith Guest

    Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know.
    Trint

    .Net programmer

    Trint Smith, Feb 15, 2004