How do I call an Oracle procedure from a VS 2005 ObjectDataSource?

Steve Kershaw

Hi,

I need to call an Oracle procedure from an ObjectDataSource so I can
"Commit" the changes to the database. While using a TableAdapter is
great for retrieveing data (select * from mytable) for example, but
updating and inserting into an oracle table is difficult in a
TableAdapter because of the requirement to Commit; the changes and
TableAdapters will only compile SQL (versus PL/SQL) commands.

Can anybody help me in this?

Thanks so much
Steve

Steve Kershaw

Hi,

I need to call an Oracle procedure from an ObjectDataSource so I can
"Commit" the changes to the database. While using a TableAdapter is
great for retrieveing data (select * from mytable) for example, but
updating and inserting into an oracle table is difficult in a
TableAdapter because of the requirement to Commit; the changes and
TableAdapters will only compile SQL (versus PL/SQL) commands.

Can anybody help me in this?

Thanks so much
Steve

Did I use a bad word "Oracle"?! :)

Common people! You are the experts and you have helped me out many
times before! Now it seems that nobody knows anything about VS 2005 -
Oracle?!

Thanks

Steve