    using try/catch blocks all over the code.

    Thank you,

    Tomasz
    Tomasz, Jan 17, 2007

  2. Hello Tomasz,

    As for the ASP.NET webservice application, the exception handling mechanism
    of it is quite different from ASP.NET web application. the
    Application_Error event only works for web page application. For XML
    Webservice, since all the unhandled exceptions in application are captured
    and wrappered as a SoapException, also , this exception will be serialized
    as a Soap <fault> element in SOAP message.

    #Handling and Throwing Exceptions in XML Web Services
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ds492xtk.aspx

    If you want to add a global handler to intercept all the exceptions occured
    in ASP.NET webservice, you may consider creating a custom soapExtension to
    do the work. Here is a good tech article detailedly discuss on this:

    #User Friendly ASP.NET Exception Handling
    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ASPNETExceptionHandling.asp

    If you have anything uncleaer on this, please feel free to let me know.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    ications.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jan 18, 2007

  3. Tomasz

    Tomasz Guest

    Thank you, Steven, I will check those articles out.
    Tomasz

    Tomasz, Jan 18, 2007
  4. Sure. If you have any more specific questions about the approach mentioned
    in those articles, please feel free to let me know.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jan 19, 2007
  5. Hello Tomasz,

    Any progress on this or does the SOAP extension means work for you? Please
    feel free to let me know if there is anything else we can help.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jan 23, 2007